Library Behavior Policy:
The University Libraries are primary locations for study and research on the AUC campuses. As such, it is important that the Libraries establish and maintain an atmosphere that allows all users to access the resources and to study, read, and concentrate without undue difficulty, noise or distraction. To do so, rules of appropriate library conduct must be observed by all.
- All library users must possess a current valid AUC ID.
- Loud conversation (i.e. that which can be easily and clearly overheard by others in nearby work areas) is prohibited.
- To protect our books and other materials and equipment: smoking in the Libraries/any Campus building is prohibited.)
- To maintain a smooth and safe flow of traffic: Stairs and walk areas must be kept clear;
- Rearrangement of seating, if it blocks traffic flow, is not permitted.
- Sitting on carrels and desktops is prohibited.
- Mobiles ringers/sound must be turned off in the library.
ID Policy :
- Everyone must show their ID each time they enter the campus and the Library.
- Library ID cards are for personal use only.
- IDs are issued during the Registration process.
The Library’s mediated copying policy allows staff to make one (1) copy, per patron, of the following
- A chapter from a book,
- An article from a periodical or newspaper
*Photocopy cost: 15 pt / page
AUC faculty, staff, and students, as well as Library External Users are required to know and to abide by the following Copyright Guidelines when using any database or electronic resource offered by the library.
- You may not download more than one article of a journal issue.
- You may not download, copy, or store more than one electronic copy of any article.
- You may not distribute any copy by email.
- All content is intended for noncommercial use.
For details, consult the libraries Conditions of Use at http://library.aucegypt.edu/databases/condition.htm
Standard use restrictions also apply as follows:
It is the responsibility of each user to insure that he or she uses these products only for individual, noncommercial use without systematically downloading, distributing, or retaining substantial portions of information.
Use of the databases is being monitored. Anyone who is not in compliance with these Guidelines will receive a warning, which is added to their permanent record. A second offense will result in the suspension of library privileges. For External Users, this suspension will be permanent
If you have any questions about these Guidelines or the libraries electronic resources, visit the Help Desk on Plaza level.
* Printing cost: 15 pt /page
Document Delivery Services
To create an account in order to use ILLiad, our electronic document delivery services, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the following required information:
1- Your exact name.
2- Your AUC ID Card number[if valid]
3- Your status (External user)
Cost is L.E.100/article to be paid at the Print Station on the Plaza level of the Main Library. After payment, external users should bring the receipt of payment to Room G022 in order to deliver the article to their ILLiad account