Egyptian National University Faculty and Graduate Students
Currently registered students for postgraduate programs (master or doctorate), or currently employed faculty members with doctorate degrees at any of the national universities, as defined by the Supreme Council of Universities in Egypt.
- A clear scanned copy of a recent (dated, signed, and stamped) official letter of introduction from the university’s postgraduate studies office or the human resources office confirming the candidate’s current status as a registered master’s and/or doctoral degree candidate or as a currently employed faculty member with a doctoral degree
- A clear scanned copy of the national ID card (front and back)
|Membership Period||October - July||March - July|
|Registration Fees||EGP 300||EGP 150|
- On-site access to the AUC Library facilities and collections on Saturdays only, with no borrowing privileges
- On-site access to AUC Library databases on Saturdays only
- Research support through 24/7 Live Chat
- Use of document delivery service (fee-based)
- Use of printing and photocopying services (fee-based)
Important Note: Membership does not include borrowing or remote access to electronic resources. Off-campus access to AUC Library electronic databases is not available for external users due to licensing restrictions. Alternatively, open-access resources are available here and for Egyptian citizens through the Egyptian Knowledge Bank.
- The applicant fills in the application form and uploads all required documents.
- The application is reviewed by the library services team within two working days.
- The applicant receives an email that the application is reviewed and accepted or is still under review in case of pending documents for completion.
Once approved, the applicant is emailed that the application has been reviewed and approved and that the applicant needs to pay with the payment instructions.
There are two venues for payment:
- Bank Transfer (the bank details will be sent to the applicant)
- Online Payment (the link will be sent to the applicant)
- Once the payment is processed, the applicant emails the library services team with the proof of payment.
- The library services team emails the applicant with the specified date and time to head to the ID Center to issue the ID card.
- ID cards for accepted users are issued on Saturdays of October for the period of (October to July) and Saturdays of March for the period of (March to July)
- Accepted members with issued ID cards are allowed to use the library on Saturdays only, with no borrowing privileges.
AUC New Cairo
Library One-Stop Service Department