Researchers from overseas may be eligible for a three-month membership and may apply online if they are:
- Visiting faculty members from overseas institutions
- Registered graduate students from overseas international educational institutions
- Faculty members and graduate students of consortium member institutions such as:
- A clear scanned copy of a recent (dated, signed, and stamped) official letter of introduction from the University’s postgraduate studies office or a letter signed by an AUC full-time faculty member supporting the application and confirming the candidate’s current status.
- A clear scanned copy of the passport
- A clear scanned copy of a valid ID card from the affiliated institution (for OCLC and AMICAL faculty members and students)
- $150 for a three-month membership (to be paid in its equivalent in EGP)*
*SHARES and AMICAL members are exempted
- On-site access to the AUC Library facilities and collections
- On-site access to AUC Library databases
- Research support through 24/7 Live Chat
- Access to reference librarians and research assistance
- Use of document delivery service (fee-based)
- Use of printing and photocopying services (fee-based)
Important Note: Membership does not include borrowing or remote access to electronic resources. Off-campus access to AUC Library electronic databases is not available for overseas researchers due to licensing restrictions. Alternatively, open-access resources are available here.
- The applicant fills in the application form and uploads all required documents.
- The application is reviewed by the library services team within two working days.
- The applicant receives an email that the application is reviewed and accepted or is still under review in case of pending documents for completion.
- Once approved, the applicant is emailed that the application has been reviewed and approved and that the applicant needs to pay with the payment instructions.
- There are two venues for payment:
- Bank Transfer (the bank details will be sent to the applicant)
- Online Payment (the link will be sent to the applicant)
- Once the payment is processed, the applicant emails the library services team with the proof of payment.
- The library services team emails the applicant with the specified date and time to head to the ID Center to issue the ID card.
- Accepted members with issued ID cards are allowed to use the library only, with no borrowing privileges.
AUC New Cairo
Library One-Stop Service Department